Hacking an iPad or iPhone’s passcode or bypassing iOS’s password security seems to be a very suspicious activity. In this techno world, everything seems to require a login and a password and it is very difficult to keep track of all those passwords if you are very active electronically. Sometimes one does forget his passwords and passcodes. Suppose if you do forget your iPad’s or iPhone’s passcode then what will you do? Exactly, indulge in the suspicious activity of hacking or bypassing the passcode so that you can reclaim your device. However, any criminal activity is not proposed by this post. There are two ways to get your iPad or iPhone usable again and both ways are presented as follows. We are giving these directions using iPad but they are same for iPhone as well.
How to bypass iphone passcode using ‘Recovery’ mode
Before telling you the steps to recover your iPad from the ‘Recovery’ mode you must be informed that your personal data will be lost if you do not have a backup. If you have a backup then the restored iPad will be as good as when you backed it up, off course with no passcode. Here are steps:
- Charge your iPad so that it does not runs out of juice during the process. Charging to at least 30% is suggested.
- The iPad should not be connected to a Mac or PC until you are told to do so.
- Open iTunes on your Mac or PC.
- Turn off the iPad by holding down the Sleep/Wake button for several seconds and sliding the ‘Slide to Power Off’ from left to right side.
- Hold down the ‘Home’ button and while holding it down connect your iPad with the lightning cable.
- The iPad will start in the ‘Recovery’ mode and will look like the following picture:
While, the iTunes will display the following message: “iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode. You must restore this iPad before it can be used with iTunes.”
- Click on ‘OK’ in iTunes.
- Click on ‘Restore iPad’ in the following screen on iTunes.
- Enter the Apple ID and password that was used at the time of the setup and click on ‘Continue’ in iTunes.
- You can choose ‘Restore from the backup of:’ and provide from where the restoration shall be done if you have backed up your iPad and wish to restore the device at that state or choose ‘Set up as a new iPad’ to refresh everything for a fresh start.
- Click on ‘Continue’ in iTunes.
Congratulations, your iPad is recovered now without a passcode.
Using forensic software to recover your iPad or iPhone
Forensic software are used by law enforcement agencies to get through the passcodes if they need to look into a suspected iPhone or iPad. You can use the same to hack and get your iPhone or iPad back. However, you need to be comfortable with the Command Line in Terminal. Here are some of the tools that can be used in Mac to hack the passcode:
Elcomsoft was tested by us and it was found to be very reliable but it is not available for general public so you need to buy the license and may need to proof that you are a legitimate entity which will not use it for illegal means.
NOTE: This is not a hack, this is just a recovering process for your iPhone or iPad.