Today everyone want to be secure and never want to be get hacked but one of the software developed by Hashcat which will be able to crack passwords with 8 million guesses per second doesn’t want to make you feel secure.
This software is being distributed in public and anyone can download this software free of cost.
This software basically use Brute Force Attack to crack any password, Brute Force Attack is a process by which a hacker uses combinations of letter & words to crack a password.
The application, oclHashcat-plus, is plugged as a free password cracking and recovery tool, but it’s likely to be used by third parties. The software was released this weekend by Hashcat.net.
Have a look to it’s features:
- Worlds fastest md5crypt, phpass, mscash2 and WPA / WPA2 cracker
- Worlds first and only GPGPU based rule engine
- Multi-GPU (up to 128 gpus)
- Multi-Hash (up to 15 million hashes)
- Multi-OS (Linux & Windows native binaries)
- Multi-Platform (OpenCL & CUDA support)
- Multi-Algo (see below)
- Low resource utilization, you can still watch movies or play games while cracking
- Focuses highly iterated modern hashes
- Focuses single dictionary based attacks
- Supports mask attack
- Supports mask files
- Supports distributed cracking
- Supports pause / resume while cracking
- Supports sessions
- Supports restore
- Supports reading words from file
- Supports reading words from stdin
- Supports hex-salt
- Supports hex-charset
- Supports variable rounds where applicable
- Integrated thermal watchdog
- 70+ Algorithms implemented with performance in mind
- ... and much more
We urge you to don’t use this tool to hack someone’s credential as “This is Illegal“.