We were busy to cover hacking operations, during that a thing which happened that could be the history for US because after the Expose of NSA, they are trying to maintain their image by blocking the Guardian’s NSA related news across the entire US Army
It’s true and explained in short by Huffington Post:
The Guardian’s recent stories about NSA surveillance have been blocked across the entire US Army , the Monterey Herald reported on Thursday night.
The paper has made huge waves, of course, with its series of explosive stories about the NSA’s highly classified surveillance programs. Though it has always maintained an American presence, its visibility has skyrocketed in the wake of the scoops.
The Herald talked to an Army spokesman, who confirmed that the Guardian’s website had been blocked since the stories first emerged.
The Army, the spokesman said, was weeding out “some access to press coverage and online content about the NSA leaks” so that employees would not be able to see any classified information.
If we talk about the Army staff, let’s see what they said:
According to staff at the Presidio of Monterey, a military installation in California, employees told the Herald that they were able to access the paper’s US site, www.guardiannews.com, but were prevented from accessing articles on the NSA that redirected to the British site.
The Guardian’s editor in the US, Janine Gibson, commented wryly about the development on Twitter:
The Guardian: Blocked by the Department of Defence since 2013 (TM) http://t.co/sQtfaC1zxy
— Janine Gibson (@janinegibson) June 28, 2013